GNYRC ACSM is one of twelve regional chapters of the American College of Sports Medicine. We represent the Greater New York City vicinity including the southern tier of New York State including Long Island, and large areas of New Jersey. We welcome members from surrounding areas not served by other regional chapters.
The chapter aims to provide various public and professional programs, a member forum, and educational and research materials for professional use.
Greater New York Regional Chapter Mission Statement- It is the mission of the Greater New York Regional Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine:
1) To promote and advance professions related to the science of exercise as medicine;
2) To cooperate with other organizations, physicians, scientists, and educators concerned with the science of exercise and related fields;
3) To arrange mutual meetings of physicians, educators, clinicians and scientists;
4) To make available post-graduate education in fields related to these sciences;
5) To initiate, promote and correlate research in these fields;
6) To help achieve the above objectives, a newsletter, journal or proceedings will be published at least once a year.